Tuesday 4 February 2014

Guildford Farmers' Market

Today me and my boyfriend Michael had the day off work and so (after a glorious lie-in) we went to the Guildford Farmers' Market, which runs on the first Tuesday of every month, 10:30am-3:30pm.


Thankfully it was a rather nice day, if a bit windy!


We had to fuel up first at Muffin Break (fast becoming an obligatory stop during any trip into town) with lattes and an orange choc chip muffin for me (above) and a mixed berry one for him. I was a bit dubious at first as oranges aren't my favourite fruit, but I like trying a new flavour every time I go - and actually I think this was possibly my favourite one yet!




We had a wander up the high street looking at everything before making any purchases, and being tempted by these 'Cajun Fries' (sweet potato fries with Cajun seasoning) and garlic mayonnaise from one of the stalls. They were certainly worth buying, even though I was still full from the muffin - sweet potato fries are delicious anyway, but these ones in particular were beyond wonderful! I normally don't like my sweet potato fries with mayonnaise, but the garlic complimented the Cajun seasoning perfectly.

Bottom Row: Anila's Sweet Mango Chutney, Twineham Grange Full-flavoured Hard Cheese, Harvey's Poultry Farm's Turkey, Garlic & Chilli Sausages, Nut Knowle Farm's Wealden Goat's Cheese

And this is what we ended up buying! We tried everything except the pasta and sausages before purchasing; I'm very excited to try the sausages and more of the goat's cheese. Our entire fridge now smells enticingly of the wonderful garlic and chilli combination of the sausages and the goat's cheese had a lovely strong flavour that I think will go well with the pasta. My favourite purchase would have to be the Very Cherry though; it tasted wonderfully fruity and of real cherries, not the artificial flavouring you so often get with commercial cherry drinks, and the makers recommend it paired with Amaretto or Champagne, both drinks I also love!

All in all I would definitely recommend Guildford Farmers' Market for tasty treats that are a bit off the beaten track; so get down there next time if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.